With the temperatures finally warming up out there, many people are starting to turn on their air conditioners. But what do you do when you turn yours on and warm air — or no air at all comes out? We specialize in HVAC services in Roseville and the surrounding areas, and we have a few suggestions for you on how to stay cool while you’re waiting for us to repair your air conditioner. Thankfully, when you call us for help, you won’t have to wait long!
- Get a fan! You can use a fan and have it oscillate throughout the room to make sure the cooler air is being evenly distributed. This is one of the easiest ways to stay cool when you are waiting for our HVAC services.
- If you want to take a rest while waiting for our HVAC services, take a pillow, wrap it in a plastic shopping bag and stick it in your freezer for about an hour. When you lay your head down on it, you will be nice and cool.
- Make sure you stay well hydrated too. Drink water frequently, and that will help your body stay cooler.
- Do not open any windows, and don’t open any doors unless it’s absolutely necessary. Keep all shades, curtains and blind closed while the sun is out. That will keep some of the heat from entering your home and increasing the temperatures.
- At night, open your windows and turn on as many fans as you safely can. That way, the hot air will blow out of your home and the cool air will come in. That will help you and your family sleep more comfortably.
- Try to stay in your basement if you can, or at least try to spend most of your time in the lowest level of your home. Remember that heat rises, so it will probably be hotter upstairs. Hang out somewhere cool while you wait for our HVAC services.
- Wear loose and lightweight cotton clothing to help you stay cool. Try not to move around too much either.
- Try to avoid using appliances that produce heat, like your oven and dishwasher. Run your dishwasher at night and cook your food using a microwave.
We hope this advice is helpful if you ever find yourself without air conditioning during the summer months!
Do you need HVAC services in Roseville? Call Aabbott Ferraro at (651) 776-7214 or you can contact us to schedule your Free Estimate.