Sometimes, it is hard to tell if your furnace is in need of some TLC. And furnaces always seem to stop working at the most inopportune times, don’t they? Fortunately, you can always call on us for furnace repair in Shoreview! And in the meantime, here are a few things you can try on your own before you call us for our repair services.
- Double check to make sure your heating unit is turned on. While this might sound like a silly thing to check, sometimes someone else in your family can turn off the furnace and not tell you about it. And if your heating and cooling units are housed in the same unit, make sure the switch is set to “heat” and not “cool.”
- Double check your thermostat. What temperature is it set to turn on at? Make sure it’s adjusted to the right temperature. And if it is set to turn on at a certain time of day, make sure it is set for the right time of day: A.M. vs. P.M.
- Make sure your thermostat’s battery isn’t dead. Sometimes a simple problem like that is the culprit!
- And if this isn’t enough help for you to avoid furnace repair, you can also try opening the thermostat and blowing on it. Dust and dirt can settle in the unit and cause it not to function.
- Check your furnace’s air filter. When was the last time you changed it? Changing it at least once a month can help you avoid costly furnace repair.
- Keep the outside unit clear of leaves and debris. Taking a few minutes to go outside and complete this simple chore can be enough to help prevent expensive furnace repair.
If all else fails, call on us for furnace repair in Shoreview at (651) 776-7214 or you can contact us to Schedule a Repair Appointment.