This time of year, a working furnace is more important than ever. Minnesota is famous for its freezing cold winters, and the furnace in your Roseville home definitely needs some regular maintenance and care in order to continue to function as it should. Here are a few tips on how to keep your furnace in tip-top shape this winter.
- For future reference, you should call Aabbott Ferraro every fall for a yearly furnace inspection. We can come to your home before the winter months hit and take a look at your furnace. We can make sure it’s in good working order and make any necessary repairs and adjustments. We can also clean it, which will help keep your furnace in good shape.
- Make sure you change the filter on a regular basis. This is one of the most important tasks you can do to keep your furnace in good working order. If the filter gets clogged with dust, dirt and debris, that can have a big effect on how well your furnace works.
- Take some time to look over your furnace while you’re changing the filter. Take a look at the walls and ceiling near it too. If you notice that the walls or ceiling is hot or discolored, give us a call. You might need more pipe insulation or clearance.
- If your furnace is acting unusual, or if you are noticing any odd noises or odors, call us for furnace repair. Most furnace repairs are not a do-it-yourself project. You need to hire a qualified repair person to ensure the repairs are done safely and correctly.
- Take a look at your pilot light. Make sure it’s lit and that it is burning blue, not yellow. If it’s yellow, call us to come out and take a look. This could indicate that carbon monoxide might be a problem.
- If your furnace is more than 15 years old, it might be time to look into getting a new one. Aabbott Ferraro can also help with furnace replacement, so call us if you want more information on this.
These are just a few suggestions on how to make sure your furnace stays in good shape this winter. If you have any questions or concerns, just give us a call.
Do you need help with your furnace in Roseville? Call Aabbott Ferraro at 612-222-9319 or you can contact us to Schedule Your Repair Appointment.